GreenPan Egg Expert 12.7cm Ceramic Non-Stick Coating
GreenPan is a range of beautifully designed, technologically advanced cookware pieces with a unique environmental message. No PFOA is used in the manufacture of GreenPan. The ceramic non stick coating contains no PTFE. Less energy used in the manufacturing process and Environmentally friendly materials used as much as possible.Enjoy the new dimension and expand your cooking skills with GreenPan.
- Ceramic nonstick coating is PTFE/PFOA free and contains no silicone oil, so it's healthier and better for the environment, too
- Skillet is high heat resistant up to 850° F
- Suitable for gas, electric, ceramic and halogen cooking surfaces
- Oven-safe stainless steel handle is reiveted for extra-strong hold
- Coated aluminum exterior for easy cleaning
- Hand wash
Click HERE to read reviews from AMAZON.
GreenPan Care and Use Instructions
1) Important Safeguards Read all safety information carefully and thoroughly before using this product! Do not allow children near the stove while you cook. To avoid injury always use caution when handling hot pots. For safety reasons never leave cookware unattended while in use and make sure the handles do not extend over the edge of the stove. Do not allow handles to extend over a hot burner, because the handles could get hot. The handles of your cookware are constructed to minimize heat transfer. Nevertheless, lids and handles may become hot during prolonged cooking. Use caution when removing lids or lifting with the handles. Touch lightly to be sure the handles have not become hot. Use oven mitts or potholders if necessary. Always use oven gloves when removing pans from a hot oven. Where Bakelite handles or stainless steel handles with silicone are fitted or glass lids are used always check their temperature resistance before using in an oven.
2) Usage Guide Before First Use: Remove all packaging materials and labels Wash in warm soapy water; rinse and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth. Cooking: Recommendations in order not to warp your GreenPan product: Do not preheat on a high setting. When preheating a pan, never leave it un-attended. Do not allow the pan to boil dry. Do not put hot pans under cold water immediately. Recommendations for energy-saving and best cooking and frying results: Cook on a burner that is approximately similar in base diameter to that of the pan you have selected. When cooking on gas, adjust the flame so it does not flare up the sides of the pan. Use low heat to warm foods, simmer or prepare delicate sauces.
Heat settings are very important. Lower heat settings are not only good for energy-saving but also avoids the pan becoming too hot. The nature of ceramics is to hold and distribute the heat more effectively, helping some protein-rich foods cook more quickly. For energy-saving, do not use your dishwasher to clean your cookware. Recommendations for best food release: Always start with a clean pan. Wash carefully with a soft cloth or sponge and be sure that you have removed all traces of cooking oil and food before you store your pan. Remember to pre-heat your pan and allow the oil to heat for a minute before you add food to the pan. If food sticks to the pan during cooking, add a small amount of water to the part of the pan that the food is stuck to. Adding moisture will create a burst of steam that should lift any food stuck to the pan.
The patented Thermolon non-stick technology can withstand accidental over-heating up to 450°C/850°F for short periods, which is a safety feature. This means that if you do accidentally overheat your pan, no toxic fumes will be released. Moreover, the coating itself will not blister or peel. When the non-stick starts to fade, the thick high density ceramic undercoat allows the pan to be used just like cast iron enamelled pans. Cooking oils and fats: We recommend using oil or butter. Remember, some oils and fats burn at lower temperatures. Fats and oils work in various temperature ranges. We recommend extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil; they are healthier and have a relatively high burn point. Because of the excellent heat conductivity of your pan and the Thermolon layer, food and oil carbonize very rapidly. So always cook on low to medium heat and only use high heat for searing or browning.
Do not use oil sprays. These sprays cause residue build-up that is difficult to remove from all types of cookware. When applying oil, always give the oil a nice even rub onto the surface of the pan. Utensils: Never use metal utensils on any non-stick surface. Bamboo, plastic, rubber or other wooden utensils are recommended to prolong the life of the pan. Do not cut food whilst it is in the pan.
3) Care and Cleaning: Allow the pan to cool and then clean it thoroughly after each use. Plunging a hot pan into water can cause irreparable warping. Your GreenPan product is very easy and convenient to clean. In the case of dishwasher use, the non-stick properties of ceramic non-stick coatings can be broken down by the hardness of the water and aggressive alkaline detergents that are commonly used in a dishwasher. To preserve your pan we recommend that you simply wash it in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry with a soft towel or kitchen paper.